Building your brand? Improving your discoverability? Establishing a presence on social media? These are questions that are seldom covered in the context of graduate school and of the career development of young researchers.
Do these questions pique your interest?
This week, I’m bringing you my recent conversation with Alana Rister about how to market your skills after the PhD.
Alana Rister earned her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 2019. Since then, she has been a postdoctoral scholar and research specialist.
However, throughout Alana’s experiences, she realized that many researchers were stressed because they didn’t have support and felt overwhelmed in their research, so she created the Science Grad School Coach to help support researchers and help them learn exactly how to complete their research with more confidence and less effort.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you should work on your brand and on marketing yourself starting in graduate school
- How to increase your findability, your discoverability as a young researcher
- How building a presence on social media can help your research and your career
- Protecting unpublished data when building your online presence
- The importance of tailoring your communications to each specific audience in a talk setting or in a job interview setting
- The importance of being authentic in all your communications and interactions
- What brought Alana to create Science Grad School Coach and how she helps graduate students make the best out of their PhD
Thank you, Alana Rister!
If you enjoyed this conversation with ALana, let her know by clicking the link below and leaving her a message on Twitter:
Send Alana Rister a thank you message on Twitter!
Click here to share your key take-away from this interview with David!
This episode’s resources:
You might also like the following episodes:
As always, if you find value in Papa PhD and in the content I bring you every week, click on one of the buttons below and send some of that value back to me by becoming a supporter on Patreon or by buying me a coffee 🙂 Now with the added perk of receiving the brand new Papa PhD and PhD Dojo stickers!