This week on the Beyond the Thesis with Papa PhD, I’ll be talking science popularization and humor with my guest, Vikie Pedneault, a.k.a. Biolovik!
A biologist, an entrepreneur, a humorist, an improviser, a communicator, Vikie studied performing arts in high school, followed by a bachelor’s degree in Biology, before finally becoming an entrepreneur and humorist in her spare time.
A professional communicator and popularizer, she also has training in environmental psychology, communication and humor.
What we covered in the interview:
- Business model and strategies for science communication
- Using comedy to enhance communication and engage the audience
- Techniques and examples of comedy in scientific presentations
- Different approaches to comedy and resources for improving comedic skills
- Navigating sensitive topics and being mindful of privilege
- The importance of effective communication for driving change
This episode’s resources:
Thank you, Vikie Pedneault!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Vikie, let her know by clicking the link below and leaving her a message on LinkedIn:
You might also like the following episodes:
As always, if you find value in Papa PhD and in the content I bring you every week, click on one of the buttons below and send some of that value back to me by becoming a supporter on Patreon or by buying me a coffee 🙂